If you’re looking to build a hangar, you’re probably spending a lot of time pouring over airplane hangar designs. Whether you’re after something super-efficient or new and different, steel prefab aircraft hangars can help your construction go quickly and stay affordable.
Here are 15 surprises with airplane hangar designs you won’t be able to get off your mind:
1. You can build a steel hangar up to 250 ft. wide and 50 ft. high. Plus, the larger your project, the smaller your cost per square foot.
2. You’ll have a wide range of colors and styles. Gone are the days when gray or white were the only hangar colors available. With certain companies, like Peak Steel Buildings, you can select between 16 wall colors and 17 roof colors. And, even new roof and eave designs help you design a hangar you will love looking at.
3. Steel structures go up in a matter of days. Depending on the size of your airplane hangar designs, it could take as little as one day and two workers to construct your hangar.
4. They’re easy to keep secure. Don’t risk damage or theft. As soon as you move your valuables inside, choose an airplane hangar design that is easy to secure upon completion.
5. You can save 40 percent or more when building with steel. Not only do your initial costs equal nearly half of other materials, but maintenance and insurance costs stay low over the life of your hangar.
6. Most importantly, steel construction is impervious to fire, water, wind, lightning, and even pests. Your plane and equipment will stay safe, and you won’t have to invest as much in tasks like pest control or mold removal.
7. Insurance costs stay low. And, because your building is free from fire and water damage risks, you won’t have to spend as much on insurance coverage.
And More Surprises . . .
8. Maintenance is low on steel too. Fortunately, once you’ve installed quality steel, you won’t have to paint it for decades.
9. You won’t have to worry about support beams interfering with your hangar use. The design options steel provides can’t be mimicked by wood, brick, or stone.
10. It’s easy to modify airplane hangar designs to fit your expanding needs. An addition built on a wood-framed structure can cost more than the original. Steel buildings are easy to modify on the outside, and they’re easy to change on the inside as well. Hence, in just a few days, you can build on a workshop or add an office.
11. Steel airplane hangars can incorporate temperature control technology. Hence, insulated steel panels help your HVAC system efficiently heat and cool your hangar’s interior.
12. Noise-cancelling tech is available too, and it’s especially helpful for hangars located near homes. Those same insulated panels that help with comfort control can also help minimize the noise levels outside of your hangar. Work away without fear of disturbing your family or neighbors with a quality-built hangar.
13. You can repurpose hangars as warehouses, commercial buildings, and stores. Property value can have a big impact. Have no fear. Consequently, airplane hangars are one of the most repurposed types of property on the commercial market. And, even Costco started in one, proving how easy they are to modify for your changing needs.
And more . . .
14. Their energy-efficient airplane hangar designs can save you even more money over time. Because few spaces in a hangar are wasted, you aren’t using energy to heat and cool spaces you don’t need. Therefore, this no-frills design can help you save on costs and your use of energy.
15. Even prefab airplane hangar designs can be tailored to your needs. Finally, the shape, size, and accessory features of your project can be based on your specs. Most of all, prefab doesn’t mean one-size-fits-all. It relates only to the work performed onsite. So, customize your hangar today and get the most out of every dollar you invest.
So, what type of design would work best for your project? Visit our website to see the options for airplane hangar designs. And then contact us with your questions.